Coronavirus Prevention and Advice
As you might be aware, the Chinese health authorities have confirmed reports of an ongoing outbreak of pneumonia caused by a novel coronavirus recently. Signs, and symptoms of this coronavirus could include:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Chest pain when breathing or coughing
- Cough, which might produce phlegm
- Nausea, vomiting
- Shortness of breath
- A general feeling of being unwell
- Center for Disease Control and. Prevention, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/about/symptoms.html
If your child has any of these symptoms, please keep them at home and contact your doctor. Your child will be allowed to return to school if they have a written notice from the doctor stating that they are healthy.
Due to its contagiousness (usually through the fluid from the mouth or nose of the infected person), it is vital that you are aware of the symptoms and how to prevent your child from becoming ill. Prevention measures include:
- Staying alert
- Maintaining good personal hygiene
- Exercising good hand hygiene like using liquid soap, disposable paper towels, alcohol-based hand rub, etc.
- Maintaining proper indoor ventilation
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic environment
- Covering your mouth and nose with tissue paper when sneezing or coughing
- Disposing of soiled tissues into a lidded rubbish bin, then wash hands thoroughly
- When having respiratory symptoms, wear a surgical mask, refrain from work or. attending class at school, avoid going to crowded places, and seek medical advice promptly
- Avoiding unnecessary traveling to Hubei Province. If it is unavoidable, put on a. surgical mask and continue to do so until 14 days after returning to Dongguan
- Avoiding close contact with persons with fever or respiratory symptoms in countries/areas with possible community transmission of novel coronavirus infection. If it is unavoidable, put on a surgical mask and continue to do so until 14 days after returning to Dongguan
- Avoiding visiting hospitals. If it is necessary to visit a hospital, put on a surgical. mask, and observe strict personal and hand hygiene
- Avoid touching animals (including game), poultry/birds, or their droppings
- Avoiding visiting wet markets, live poultry markets, or farms
- Avoiding making close contact with patients, especially those with symptoms of acute. respiratory infections
- Not consuming any game meat and not patronize food premises where game meat is. served
- Adhering to food safety and hygiene rules such as avoiding consuming raw or undercooked animal products, including milk, eggs, and meat, or foods that may be contaminated by animal secretions, excretions, or contaminated products, unless they have been properly cooked, washed or peeled
- If you are just back from Wuhan/Hubei, please keep your traveling tickets and observe. yourself and your family for at least 14 days to see if there is any sign and symptoms of the coronavirus appear
- The designated hospital for treating this coronavirus is The People’s Hospital of. Dongguan (in Wanjiang)
- When we are allowed to resume classes, we will continue to take precautions to ensure that no child is infected:
- We will be monitoring student absences daily.
- Following the current break, we will check the kindergarten students’ temperatures each morning as they arrive at school. Any students with a fever will be sent home before entering his/her classroom. During the days, if students are not well enough for classes, like having a fever, the parents/guardians will be informed, and students will be sent home straight after.
- To ensure that our students are safe and healthy at school, our cleaning crew will sanitize and disinfect the classrooms, offices, and bathrooms.
- Teachers will be reinforcing appropriate hand washing.
- UV lights will be turned on after school each day to disinfect surfaces further overnight.
- Medical masks for all ages will be available in the nurse’s office.
Thank you for helping us take care of all the students. We want you, your child, and our whole school family to be as healthy as possible. Thank you in advance for your understanding and support in this important matter.
Head of TLC International School